Web Accessibility Resources
Articles, Tutorials and More
- ADA Americans with Disabilities Act compliance—Are you ready? Are you sure?
- Even though rules governing the accessibility of websites have not explicitly been described in the ADA, they are being interpretted as subject to Title III: Public Accommodations
- Why Web Accessibility?
- Extend your market reach, create a better experience for all users and more
Online Resources, Books and Tools
- Section 508 Best Practice Library
- Find technical best practices guidance, perspectives videos and nire
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0)
- Recommendations for making your website more accessible.
- Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI)
- Provides guidelines generally regarded as the international standard for Web Accessibility as well as support materials and resources.
- An introduction to Web Accessibility, articles and tools.
- The Web Standards Project
- Resources for learning about Web Standards.
- Inclusive Design Research Centre
- A research and development center focusing on Inclusive Design.
- Trace Research and Development Center
- Accessibility and Universal Design resources.
- Disabilities, Opportunities, Internetworking, and Technology (DO-IT)
- Accessible web design publications and information.
- Center for Applied Special Technology (CAST)
- Research and development in Universal Design for all people, including those with disabilities.
Books for Learning How to Design Usable and Accessible Websites
- Building Accessible Websites
- by Joe Clark
- Don't Make Me Think — A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability
- by Steve Krug
Online Validation Tools
- The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Markup Validator
- W3C's online Hyper Text Markup Language (HTML) validator.
- W3C Cascading Style Sheet (CSS) Validation Service
- W3C's online CSS validator.
Other Useful Online Tools For Assessing WEB Accessibility
- WebAIM Color Contrast Checker
- Use this tool for checking text color contrast.
- Colorblind Web Page Filter
- Colorblind filters allow you to see how your web pages will render for three different types of colorblindness.
- Introduction to the Screen Reader
- A 7 minute video which demonstrates how screen readers assist people who are visually impaired.
- Lynx Viewer
- Enables you to see how your web pages will read in a text only browser.
- Web Accessibility Evaluation Tools List
- W3C list of 3rd party tools. Please note W3C does not endorse these tools.
*Collaborint provides the resource links solely for your convenience and does not endorse the linked sites in any manner. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding third party links.