Website Maintenance Agreement FAQ
Providing Professional, Reliable Service Since 1997
- What is a Website Maintenance Agreement?
- How does the Maintenance Agreement work?
- How many Work Requests may I submit?
- How do I decide how many maintenance hours I'll need each week/month?
- What sort of Work Requests are covered in a Website Maintenance Agreement?
- What if I end up needing more coverage in a week/month than I've contracted for?
- What does a Website Maintenance Agreement cost?
- I still have questions — how can I contact you?
A Website Maintenance Agreement is a contract for service between Collaborint Web Management and your company. By purchasing a Website Maintenance Agreement, you will be guaranteed access to our experienced staff of designers, programmers, SEO specialists and technical consultants for an agreed-upon number of hours per week/month.
The monthly fee is a retainer; you are contracting for services to have our team of experts on hand for you at any time you need to update or make changes to your website. To access our staff, you simply submit a work order or "Work Request" via our on-line Interact Work Request System — our production staff will begin working on the request shortly after we receive it.
You may submit as many requests as you would like, up to the maximum number of hours of coverage for which you have contracted. You select the appropriate number of hours of service you anticipate you will need in a week/month (see next question for more details about selecting the number of hours).
A good way to calculate this is to consider what you might need if you were going to hire in-house staff to do this job. Would you hire them full-time? Half-time? Less than that? You will probably want to contract a similar number of hours with Collaborint Web Management.
Our Website Maintenance Agreement covers a wide variety of request types. The following are generally provided under the agreement:
- HTML editing and programming (e.g. updating text/copy, creating links, conversion of documents to HTML format, scanning images, simple client-side programming, etc.)
- Development and programming of existing web-based tools or applications
- Third-party software integration
- Design and production of Web graphics and banner ads
- Site integrity checking
- Technical consulting
- Recurring production server administrative tasks
- Liaison to hosting service technical support
- SEO consulting and/or analysis and support with on-page SEO
The following tasks are specifically not included:
- Product development tasks (including, but not limited to, new Web-based tools or application and/or user interface development)
- Application development
- Origination of content copy (editorial/copy writing)
- Substantial redesign of existing site(s)
- New site design
- Active Flash-based functionality, navigation, application development or otherwise Flash Action Script-driven media design
- Pay Per Click campaigns and/or management
From time to time Work Requests are going to fall in the "gray area". In such cases, requests will be considered on a case-by-basis, and we will make every effort to accommodate them and work with you to ensure your projects are handled quickly and appropriately.
With our Service Agreement, you are entitled to purchase extra hours of service, up to your currently contracted amount, at a premium rate. Should you find that you regularly exceed your contracted coverage, you will likely be interested in changing the terms of your coverage to include more hours per week/month.
For more information please call us at 650.557.4669 or send us an email.