In-house or Outsourced Website Maintenance?
Compare hiring your own web management team with outsourcing website maintenance
Last updated: August 5, 2014
- What skills does your team possess? Do they have experience with the technologies being used today including those for developing mobile friendly websites?
- Do you have a plan if you need different skills?
- Do they stay current so that they can suggest new ideas when appropriate?
- We've developed sites on many platforms including Java, ASP, ASP.NET, PHP, ColdFusion and WordPress CMS. And, we are experienced with the latest techniques and frameworks for developing and designing mobile-friendly websites including responsive web design.
- Our broad exposure means a wide variety of skills are available.
- Our team is continually exposed to new ideas and training.
In-House Task Management
- How are you going to manage each task? Email? Paper?
- Who will be responsible for tracking work requests?
- How will this person be held accountable for results?
- Will this person manage the content owners?
Collaborint Task Management
- Collaborint uses the Interact Work Request System
- Real-time, web-based monitoring of all tasks
- Threaded discussion groups for each task
- Workflow features one-click review and approval of work before your website is updated
- How much training is required? How much does it cost in dollars and lost productivity?
- What happens when your staff leave your company or change jobs? What does hiring, retention, training, and management cost?
- What if needs increase or decrease? Can you add a few hours each week if you need to? Reduce a few?
- Does your company own the necessary equipment and software? How much is that costing you?
Outsource Website Maintenance
- No training required
- No turnover
- Easy to adjust hours as needed in any increment
- Professional tools