Web Accessibility Resources
Articles, Tutorials and More
- Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI)
- Provides guidelines generally regarded as the international standard for Web Accessibility as well as support materials and resources.
- Inclusive Design Research Centre
- A research and development center focusing on Inclusive Design.
- Trace Research and Development Center
- Accessibility and Universal Design resources.
- Disabilities, Opportunities, Internetworking, and Technology (DO-IT)
- Accessible web design publications and information.
- The Web Standards Project
- Resources for learning about Web Standards.
- An introduction to Web Accessibility, articles and tools.
- Center for Applied Special Technology (CAST)
- Research and development in Universal Design for all people, including those with disabilities.
Books for Learning How to Design Usable and Accessible Websites
- Building Accessible Websites
- by Joe Clark
- Don't Make Me Think — A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability
- by Steve Krug
Online Validation Tools
- The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Markup Validator
- W3C's online Hyper Text Markup Language (HTML) validator.
- W3C Cascading Style Sheet (CSS) Validation Service
- W3C's online CSS validator.
Other Useful Online Tools For Assessing WEB Accessibility
- Colorblind Web Page Filter
- Colorblind filters allow you to see how your web pages will render for three different types of colorblindness.
- Introduction to the Screen Reader
- A 7 minute video which demonstrates how screen readers assist people who are visually impaired.
- Lynx Viewer
- Enables you to see how your web pages will read in a text only browser.
- Web Accessibility Evaluation Tools List
- W3C list of 3rd party tools. Please note W3C does not endorse these tools.
*Collaborint provides the resource links solely for your convenience and does not endorse the linked sites in any manner. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding third party links.